Home Forums Medicating treatments for bees Using Oxalic Acid Vapor

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

AlfredW

Hi everyone,
    Looks like I am the first post on the forum!!

I thought that I would aks how many have tried OA vapor since it has been approved. I have used it and have found it to be very effective. I prefer to not use any treatments but if I am going to loose a colony then I will treat and OA works great! Any other experiences?

Alfred

I am new at this, but treated my top bar and Lang. hives with OAV. Great kill in the top bar, but not so much in the Lang. Might be due to mite load. I have not seen any negatives. Very little disturbance to colony. I am using a temp controlled unit that doesn’t get above 270 degrees.

Phil Duclos

Opinions on formic acid (MiteAway QuickStrips) versus oxalic acid?

I have the Miteaway QuickStrips courtesy of a relative but I don’t have an OA vaporizer. Is an OA vaporizer available to borrow?

AlfredW

I have not used formic so I couldn’t say.
    You might get more responses to your questions on the beginning beekeepers Facebook Page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCBAbegbeeks/

Alfred

Anonymous

Using OA vaporizer is a good substance to take care of the bees. Along with this, it is also important to concentrate on the pests that are popular to attack honey bees i.e wasps and mice. Preventive measures must be taken to protect these natural pollinators. Professional exterminator Roseville CA must be contacted to get the full knowledge of what should be done and how.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contacts

970-658-4949
Northern Colorado
webmaster@nocobees.org

Follow Us

Skip to toolbar