Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Oberle 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Matt Oberle
    Participant

I own a property just north of Fort Collins available to host 1 or 2 hives from a responsible beekeeper. The property is just east of Shields St. in the lake area north of old Hwy 287.

I have a small fruit orchard + vegetable and flower gardens on my 3 acre property that could really use additional pollination. Many of my neighbors have gardens and fruit trees also. I used to keep bees, but didn’t have the time to properly care for them and am taking a break from beekeeping for a few years.

You could install the hives this fall or next spring. I would like 1 or 2 quarts of honey each year in trade.

Thanks,

Matt

Shannon
    Participant

Hi Matt – I’m just getting started into beekeeping, and am not sure if I could pull off a hive in my backyard (due to proximity of neighbors and nearby walking paths).  I would love to see about putting one to two hives on your property in exchange for some honey!  I’ve already signed up for some on-line courses and have been reading up a ton on beekeeping.  I’m planning on going to the beekeeping classes that NCBA hosts in the spring as well.  I work in downtown fort collins, so could easily swing by your property as needed (weekly during the summer) to check on the hives, etc.

Let me know if the opportunity is still available.  Thanks!

Shannon

Matt Oberle
    Participant

Hi Shannon – yes, the opportunity is still available. Glad to see a new beekeeper starting up. I took NCBA’s beginning beekeeping class about five springs ago and it is definitely worthwhile. I’m going to PM you my email address and we can make arrangements.

Matt

Matt Oberle
    Participant

Previous arrangement fell through and this hive hosting opportunity is still available!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contacts

970-658-4949
Northern Colorado
webmaster@nocobees.org

Follow Us