Home Forums Top Bar Beekeepers Have 2 new hives, missed order deadline – how to get bees?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tshphoto 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Chris Hutchinson
    Participant

HI everyone,

I’m a newbie who has been thinking about getting bees for some time, and finally put together a couple sturdy top bar hives this weekend. A friend of mine set me up with veil, suit, gloves, and smoker.

As I was getting foundation on Saturday at Copoco’s to wax into the grooves on my top bars, I found that many people were picking up bee orders and that I missed the deadline by a couple of weeks.

I’m joining NCBA and plan to dive in to get advice and support that I’ve heard this community is so good at.

Meanwhile, what recommendation would you have on how to get bees? I’m ok with attracting them or asking for a swarm. Not looking to make lots of honey – mostly increasing productivity of my mini-orchard and garden.

Thanks in advance!

tshphoto
    Keymaster

NCBA i believe still has some nukes left for purchase. look at our home page on how to order.

also, CoPoCo bought additional packages. check to see if they have any left from this additional order.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contacts

970-658-4949
Northern Colorado
webmaster@nocobees.org

Follow Us