Denver Bee, Boulder County Beekeepers, Northern Colorado Beekeepers, and Four Corners Beekeepers thank you for hosting me at your member meetings. I enjoyed talking with your beekeepers. Your club members asked for the links to information I presented. Please share this information with your members.
1. Pesticide Research http://pollinatorstewardship.
2. Pesticide Action Network database of pesticides used in California http://pesticideinfo.org/
3. Pesticide half-lives explained http://npic.orst.edu/
4. Estimated Annual Agricultural Pesticide Use–Pesticide Use Maps
5. Report A Bee kill http://pollinatorstewardship.
6. Purdue Extension list of bee toxic pesticides https://extension.entm.purdue.
7. The world produces enough food to feed everyone http://www.worldhunger.org/
8. See a Yard transformed into pollinator habitat https://www.youtube.com/watch?
9. Native Pollinator Houses you can build or buy http://pollinatorstewardship.
10. National Strategy to Promote the Health of Honey Bees and Other Pollinators https://obamawhitehouse.
11. State Pollinator Protection Plans http://pollinatorstewardship.
12. Colorado’s MP3 https://www.colorado.gov/
13. Field Watch / Drift Watch https://driftwatch.org/
14. Estimate costs to mow your lawn at
15. “Nuisance” Wasps and Bees—Colorado Extension
16. Pollinator Stewardship Council (PSC) article concerning mosquitoes and honey
17. PSC Mosquito Abatement Programs http://www.beeculture.com/the-
18. The Pesticide Research Institute has this mosquito control information
19. From Beyond Pesticides
20. How to control mosquitoes without killing pollinators
21. Personal mosquito protection from the CDC
22. Natural predators of mosquitoes- http://www.wbrcouncil.org/
23. South Carolina Dept. of Health mosquito habitat reduction guide
24. Plants that repel mosquitoes http://www.wikihow.com/Use-
25. Technical assistance, funding, etc. to plant pollinator habitat
26. Bee Forage regions and plant lists http://honeybeenet.gsfc.nasa.
27. Solarization http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/
Seeds for honey bees WEST of the Mississippi
To increase plant biodiversity, improve gardens yields,
and make a positive difference for the future, plant for
pollinators WEST of the Mississippi with bbbseed. The
Plant for Pollinators Project, developed by bbbseed, offers a
discount on their pollinator mixes. Go to their website, find
and enter the discount code, and Plant For Pollinators!
Pollinator Stewardship Council
1624 Idlewood Ave., Akron, OH 44313