neighborhood mosquito spraying

Home Forums Pesticides – Insecticides neighborhood mosquito spraying

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AlfredW 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

said

I am experiencing mass insecticide spraying in my neighborhood.  A mosquito control company out of Fort Collins come into the block every two to three weeks at 10:00 a.m. and sprays everything, bushes, trees, flowers anything and everything in bloom.  My bees are dying and I am sure this toxin is being tracked into the hive.  Any suggestions about how I help my bees short of moving them?  And if I chose to move them, any ideas where they might be moved that is safe from humans.

I think you should take help from the experts from pest companies like rocklin pest control. Professionals like these can identify the exact pest problem and location and the most effective ways of treating the problem of pest removal and this would also help you to save your bees.

AlfredW

said

You need to find out what company is doing this and tell them that they must notify you before they spray. If they are intentionally spraying flowering plants then they are I beleive in violation of the law.

If you can get them to notify you then you can cover your hives when they are spraying. They should only be spraying for mosquito before sunup or late dawn anyway.

You should also bring this up in the facebook group as there are others there that may have other ideas for how to proceed.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCBAbegbeeks/

Alfred

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About NCBA – Northern Colorado Beekeepers Association

The Northern Colorado Beekeepers Association (NCBA) is an organization of both hobbyist and commercial beekeepers.  We exist to provide a forum for education in beekeeping both to our members and to the general public, and for exchange of ideas and experiences.  We also enjoy some ability to provide savings in bees by purchasing as a group.  We are affiliated with the Colorado State Beekeepers Association.  We meet once a month with the above objectives in mind.  Each meeting strives to discuss one or two subjects of interest in beekeeping.  Whenever possible we will discuss beekeeping and hive maintenance activities appropriate for the next month.  We also like to provide time for members to discuss beekeeping among themselves.  Once a year, usually around January, we conduct a multi-session beginning beekeeping class.  On completion of the class, we offer you the opportunity to join the association, to order bees, and we offer you a mentor to help you get off to a good start.  If you have any interest in keeping bees, we encourage you to join us. We believe joining a beekeeping association such as ours is one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to start beekeeping. By joining now you will receive our news letter as well as notification of upcoming classes and meetings.  Dues are modest and affiliates members with the Colorado State Beekeepers Association. See the pages about future and past meetings for examples of meeting content..

Donate

NCBA is a 501c3 organization, and donations are tax deductible.

Copyright © 2011 Parallelus. All rights reserved.