You can help! You don’t need to be a beekeeping expert to make a real contribution to the Association, either on the Executive Committee, or in a Leadership Support Team role. These roles contribute to seeing that the business of the Association is completed as members would expect, which is fundamental our ability to support the beekeeping activities of our members.
The Association needs members to step into leadership roles, described below. Please contact the Executive Committee (email@example.com) or John Green (firstname.lastname@example.org). The election will occur primarily via email following the October 17th meeting, and several key roles still need your support.
We are working to restructure the traditional role of Secretary between two people. We are also working to enhance the website to reduce the paperwork involved with our routine programs, benefiting the leaders of our annual programs as well as the Treasurer.
1. President / Vice President – These two positions work as a team, and with other members who make our annual programs happen. Candidates needed.
The President and Vice President count on the support of other members to lead the annual programs and to accomplish ongoing routine activities. We also count on additional program team members to work with the designated program leader, either as a trained backup or relief for ongoing activities, or to assist with the completion of an annual program. We are currently building the Woodenware Order and Package Bee order teams for the coming year, so these popular programs can continue.
These are the programs / ongoing activities that rely on member support. Our goal is to have several people supporting each area.
i. Extractor Loan Team – Mark Coleman (2013 team is complete)
ii. 2014 Beginning Beekeeping Class – Carolina Nyarady (2014 team is complete)
iii. 2014 Woodenware Order – Leader and team members needed
iv. 2014 Package Bee Order – Bob Boggio – team members needed
v. Newsletter Assembly (MailChimp) – Janine Reid
vi. Website Development – Mansing Li
vii. Website routine updates – Donna Schmid
viii. Meeting Venue Coordinator – member needed
2. Secretary – Candidate needed. The two key activities of the Secretary role are producing meeting minutes, and maintaining membership records. It is anticipated that the Elected Secretary position would function as a Recording Secretary to produce meeting minutes.
i. Membership Secretary – a Leadership Support Team role to maintain membership records – member needed
3. Treasurer – Candidate needed. Receiving and disbursing funds, maintaining the financial records of the Association and distributing periodic financial reports are the key activities of this position. As of 2013, we are using Quickbooks to maintain financial records, which NCBA will provide for the Treasurer’s use.
4. Outreach Coordinator – Nancy Jones
5. Volunteer Coordinator – Merry Popa
6. Advisors (four positions) – Advisors “advise” – via email and periodic conference calls or meetings, advisors make their opinions known and help govern the Association. Recently, we have scheduled a monthly 1-hour conference call on the last Thursday of each month to insure we have regular discussions.
7. People Currently Standing For Election:
i. President – John Green (if no one else steps up for this leadership role – I am willing to stand for election to any officer role.)
ii. Vice President – Bob Boggio
iii. Secretary – no candidate
iv. Treasurer – Lucy Thies
v. Standing for election to Advisor: Annie Epperson, Mark Coleman
vi. Transitioning from Officer to Advisor: Barbara Byrd, Ronda Koski