Now Accepting Nominations for the October Election!
You can help! You don’t need to be a beekeeping expert to make a real contribution to the Association, either on the Executive Committee, or in a Leadership Support Team role. These roles contribute to seeing that the business of the Association is completed as members would expect, which is fundamental our ability to support the beekeeping activities of our members.
The Association needs members to step into leadership roles, described below. Please contact the Executive Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) or John Green (email@example.com). The election will occur primarily via email following the Thursday, October 16th meeting in Johnstown, and several key roles still need your support.
1. President / Vice President – These two positions work as a team, and with other members who make our annual programs happen. Vice President Bob Boggio will be transitioning into the role of President, assuming this office remains uncontested. A Vice Presidential candidate is needed.
The President and Vice President count on the support of other members to lead the annual programs and to accomplish ongoing routine activities. We also count on additional program team members to work with the designated program leader, either as a trained backup or relief for ongoing activities, or to assist with the completion of an annual program. We are currently building several teams for the coming year, so these popular programs can continue. Below are the programs / ongoing activities that rely on member support. Our goal is to have several people supporting each area.
i. Extractor Loan Team – Philip Vogeler is coordinating this year.
ii. 2015 Beginning Beekeeping Class – Kristal Domenico is coordinating this year.
iii. 2015 Woodenware Order – If members want this to happen this year, a Leader and team members needed
iv. 2015 Package Bee Order – A leader and team members are needed
v. Newsletter Assembly (MailChimp) – Janine Reid
vi. Website Development – Support needed
vii. Website routine updates (WordPress page updates) – Support needed
viii. Meeting Venue Coordinator – Ronda Koski has taken on this role.
ix. Honey Party Coordinator – Support needed
x. Photo Contest – Support Needed
2. Secretary – Candidate needed. The two key activities of the Secretary role are producing meeting minutes, and maintaining membership records. It is anticipated that the Elected Secretary position would function as a Recording Secretary to produce meeting minutes.
i. Membership Secretary – a Leadership Support Team role to maintain membership records – John Loftis is maintaining our membership database.
3. Treasurer – Candidate needed. Receiving and disbursing funds, maintaining the financial records of the Association and distributing periodic financial reports are the key activities of this position. We are using Quickbooks to maintain financial records, which NCBA will provide for the Treasurer’s use if needed.
4. Outreach Coordinator – Nancy Jones5. Volunteer Coordinator – Merry Popa
6. Advisors (four positions) – Advisors “advise” – via email and periodic conference calls or meetings, advisors make their opinions known and help govern the Association. Recently, we have scheduled a monthly 1-hour conference call on the last Thursday of each month to insure we have regular discussions, and occasionally meet in person.
7. People Currently Standing For Election:
i. President – Bob Boggio will transition to the role of President
ii. Vice President – Candidate needed
iii. Secretary – Candidate Needed
iv. Treasurer – Candidate Needed
v. Standing for election to Advisor: Candidates Needed
vi. Transitioning from Officer to Advisor: John Green, Lucy Thies
• NCBA is an ALL VOLUNTEER organization. Our success is DEPENDENT on many members willingness to invest their time and energy to accomplish the association’s goals and objectives.
• Consider running for office. SELF NOMINATION is encouraged. The executive committee has no way to identify potential candidates IF you don’t ‘throw your hat in the ring’.
• If you have Information Technology [IT] experience, consider helping to improve our website, email system, create on-line registration and payment options.
• If you are an experienced beekeeper and would be willing to spend time throughout a season mentoring one or more new beekeepers please identify yourself to the Education / Outreach Coordinator